Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Who takes Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers:
- The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
- This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
To receive this American Heart Association certificate you must:
- Be present for the entire course.
- Successfully complete all required skills.
- Course Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers for 2 years.
- We do SAME DAY CERTIFICATION. GSPGuard will issue the certs, upon succesfully compliting the course
- Dress comfortably; CPR skills are practiced on the floor in a kneeling position.
- It's the students responaibility to know which ccourse they need to take. GSPGuard might recomend a class but always recheck with Emplpoyer or DOH.
- Please note that CPR requires the use of a CPR-mask you could bring your own mask or you have the option to purchase one from us at an additional cost of $15.00