Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Optional pediatric first aid modules are:
- Pediatric first aid topics (eye injuries; fever; suspected abuse; and snake, spider, scorpion, tick and marine animal bites and stings)
- CPR and AED use
- Asthma care training for child care providers
Who takes Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid:
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid course is designed to meet the regulatory and credentialed training requirements for child care workers in all 50 states. This course teaches basic first aid, CPR, and AED skills for children such as:
- What to do when a child or infant has a breathing problem
- Giving compressions and breaths to an infant or child
- Stopping bleeding that can be seen
- Child care workers
- Foster care workers
- Camp counselors
- Youth group leaders
- Others responsible for children
To receive this American Heart Association certificate you must:
- Be present for the entire course.
- Successfully complete all required skills.
- Course Certification: Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid Valid for 2 years.
- We do SAME DAY CERTIFICATION. GSPGuard will issue the certs, upon succesfully compliting the course
- Dress comfortably; CPR skills are practiced on the floor in a kneeling position.
- It's the students responaibility to know which ccourse they need to take. GSPGuard might recomend a class but always recheck with Emplpoyer or DOH.
- Please note that CPR requires the use of a CPR-mask you could bring your own mask or you have the option to purchase one from us at an additional cost of $15.00